Beer 101 – Everything you need to know to get started in developing your beer knowledge. We’ll answer your questions in an informative few episodes to get everyone up to speed and have some fun. We love beer. What does beer mean to you?
In this episode we’ll discuss:
- What are the most common grains used to brew beer? And we’ll share a few extras that will surprise you.
- What does IBU stand for?
- The importance of water quality in making good beer
- The Lovibond scale, SRM, EBC– what are they and what they measure
- What does the mysterious X indicate on beer barrels & bottles?
- How long humans have been making beer
- Speak Easy Prohibition Ale, a taste test
- How our founding fathers got their beer
- When our modern brewing techniques began
- Prohibition and its impact on the brewing industry
- Preview of what’s to come in upcoming episodes
Resources & Brands mentioned:
Jam of the Week: Poor Righteous Teachers, Shakiyla