Greg introduces a new format for The Beer Flow Podcast, the B-Side! He talks about his personal connection to hip-hop and how that has influenced his enjoyment of life and of course, beer. Greg discusses his upbringing in the Bay Area during the rise of hip-hop; his favorite artists; and how young people find a connection the early days of hip-hop. He’ll tell listeners what to expect from future B-Side episodes and give listeners a challenge to add to the content of the next B-Side.
In This Episode:
- The Influence of Hip-Hop on The Beer Flow Podcast: “Hip-hop is the culture, rap is the language.” -KRS One
- Hip-hop in the Bay Area Filipino Scene.
- Evolution of Hip-Hop from “Nothing to Everything”
- Question to the Listeners: “Do you know what an MC is?”
- The Golden Age of Hip-Hop: 1987-1993. Pre-Wu and Post-Wu
- What to Expect from the B-Side Episode.
- Pre-digital Hip-hop.
- Homework: Find one Pre-Wu song, one Post-Wu song. Most interesting combo gets discussed on the next B-Side Episode.
- Beer Shout-Outs! Goose Island Bourbon County and Pliny the Elder from Russian River Brewing
- Greg Signs Off. Einstein Spins Out.
- The Beer Flow E-mail List: MAIL THAT HOMEWORK. email@example.com or leave it in the comments below.
- Sugar Hill Gang: Rapper’s Delight
- Boyz n the Hood
- Newcleus: Jam on It
- NWA: Straight Outta Compton
- Eazy E: Eazy Duz It
- NWA: Dopeman
- Public Enemy
- LL Cool J
- Wu-Tang Clan
- SiriusXM Backspin
- Leopold Records
- Goose Island Brewing
- Russian River Brewing